Wet Pack Detector
- Designed as a diagnostic tool, the Wet Pack Detector assists the SPD technician by giving him/her valuable information that will prevent wet packs from making their way to the operating room.
- Help monitor condensation that could lead to wet packs by equipping your facility with a comprehensive measurable variable (humidity).
(Aorn 2017, XII.C.3)
- Preventing one contaminated surgery, due to wet packs, will more than pay for this unit.
- Empower the department to have real time information on the efficacy of the sterilization equipment.
(IAHCSMM 8th Edition, Chapter 14: Cause of We Pack/Root Cause Analysis)
- Allow the department to diagnose and correct steam issues sooner.
- Steam Quality Module can be added. * sold separately *
Normally after a load is removed, the operator checks for signs of a wet pack situation. The Wet Pack Detector is a compliment to these end of cycle procedures. The Wet Pack Detector is simple to operate.
- Before starting a load (sterilizer hot), open door allowing hot gasses eminating from the chamber to establish starting humidity level.
- Press set button. Note: step one and two should only be repeated once a day.
- After cycle has completed, crack door. Note: do not fully open door.
- Wait 5 minutes
- after 2 minutes, humidity should return to set humidity point;
- After 5 minutes, humidity should not increase. if humidity level does not return to set point or if humidity begins to rise after reaching set point, load may be compromised.
*Humidity may increase while sterilizer door is closed and in cycle. This is normal.
AAMI recommends you perform a series of dry tests. Document the results and retain on file to verify that drying effectiveness is being monitored.
Any pack which is still wet after sterilization and drying is considered wet. There are three possible scenarios; visible moisture on outside of packs; moisture inside pack (e.g. moist towel) or visible water inside the set/tray. When multiple wet packs are found in the same load, the load is referred to as a wet load.
This system will enable hospitals to better implement their existing wet pack prevention protocols.
Order a product
We would love to help you with any questions you have. If you need to ask us something, or would like to place an order, we’d love to hear from you! We guarantee a 24-hour response time.
If you need more immediate assistance, feel free to give us a call! We are, after all, your supplier of medical products and supplies, and we value the opportunity to talk to you one-on-one.