Wet Pack Detector
- Designed as a diagnostic tool, the Wet Pack Detector assists the SPD technician by giving him/her valuable information that will prevent wet packs from making their way to the operating room.
- Prevent wet packs by equipping your facility with a comprehensive measurable variable (humidity).
- Preventing one contaminated surgery, due to wet packs, will more than pay for this unit.
- Empower the department to have real time information on the efficacy of the sterilization equipment.
- Allow the department to diagnose and correct steam issues sooner.
Normally after a load is removed, the operator checks for signs of a wet pack condition. The Wet Pack Detector is a compliment to these end of cycle procedures. The Wet Pack Detector is simple to operate.
- Before opening the door, press the start humidity button to establish a base reading which will be recorded.
- As you open the door, the humidity reading will increase. Allow two minutes for humidity to fall to set point.
- Slowly remove load while observing the display. Record final humidity reading.
- A comparison of these readings will be the deciding factor on wet pack protocol.
AAMI recommends you perform a series of dry tests. Document the results and retain on file to verify that drying effectiveness is being monitored.
Any pack which is still wet after sterilization and drying is considered wet. There are three possible scenarios; visible moisture on outside of packs; moisture inside pack (e.g. moist towel) or visible water inside the set/tray. When multiple wet packs are found in the same load, the load is referred to as a wet load.
This system will enable hospitals to better implement their existing wet pack prevention protocols.
Order a product
We would love to help you with any questions you have. If you need to ask us something, or would like to place an order, we’d love to hear from you! We guarantee a 24-hour response time.
If you need more immediate assistance, feel free to give us a call! We are, after all, your supplier of medical products and supplies, and we value the opportunity to talk to you one-on-one.